9.22.11

I'm back after a few relaxing days with Teagan in Banff!  I miss the being surrounded by mountains already....

So I had a few cancellations this week and told myself that I'd use that time to maybe work on a few paintings... as always... be careful what you wish for...

A few weeks ago, I was given a canvas to paint for the Dutchman's Love Though Compassion art show.  I was told the painting needed to be done by mid Oct.  No problem.... right?

1pm yesterday, Ollie called me to let me know that there was someone at the studio who was there to pick up the paintings... slight miscommunication...  the painting needed to be done and in Vancouver for this Friday... so tomorrow....

So that meant, last night was an all night painting session.  I started drawing around 6pm, started painting around 8pm, and worked all night until the painting was done... at 6am...  Caught a few hours sleep, applied clear coat, and had it boxed and at the post office by 2pm on its way to Vancouver.  Success!!!

The show is for John's foundation, Love Through Compassion.  Click the link to read more.  As you might know from reading this blog, I absolutely love flowers and roses... so I painted a pink rose and a robin which are symbols for compassion.  I know it's super nerdy, but the branch the bird is sitting on is my absolute favorite part of the painting...  Really happy with the final product.  I think like most artist, I work best under pressure.


The show is this Sunday, September 25 from 7:00-11:00pm at Dutchman Tattoos.  
If you're in the Vancouver area, you should definitely make time to stop by and check it out! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Tattoos Trend 2012. All Rights Reserved.