2.20.11

One of my goals this year was to start painting more often, and I'd say so far that's be a 100% success. The last few years I've barley produced anything other than drawings for tattoos. I'd paint the odd thing every now and then, but usually because it had to be done. I painted 2 skateboards last year for the Deadly Tattoos Art Show, as there was no way I was going to turn down that invite.... and that's about all I can think of for paintings in 2010.... Oh yea, I painted a really cool little beaver rose morph while doing a guest spot at Deadly last year as well. 3 paintings total....

So far this year, I've finished 2 prints, a painting for Teagan, 5 sheets of flash, and 2 longboards. So in 2 months I've already produced more than 3 times the amount I did all of last year. Pretty satisfying. And there's more to come....

I finished up the longboards that were commissioned by a client tonight. I was fairly happy with them upon completion of the painting... and then I applied this magic elixrAdding a clear coat to an acrylic painting changes everything. It just smooths everything out and give it a consistent finish. Super excited to give these to my client tomorrow. She should definitely be the first one to see them. Sorry bloggers, you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Tattoos Trend 2012. All Rights Reserved.